Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Speed Date
Less than an hour! A first date that lasted less than an hour! A fifth grade teacher with an MA in education and he was dull as a door nob, poor kids! And he was on his phone at least five times. Actually talking and having conversations while I was sitting across from him. ARE YOU F ING KIDDING ME?! Am I being punked? Am I on TV? Why even ask me out? For those of you who look at my life and think "Ahhh, how I long to be single and dating again...." Take a look at the man or woman lying next to you in your bed tonight. Look at them and be happy that it is the same one who was there last night and will be there again tomorrow and the next day... wait a minute, this no longer sounds like a pep talk!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I AM grateful--all the time. I just envy your freedom a tiny twinge of a bit. Then I look at my sweet husband and sigh with happiness. It's all good. We just all need to find contentment in the moment, you know?
ReplyDelete