May 21
I am aware that some of this information will sound redundant. It isn't because I have written so much that I have forgotten the theme of my past stories. It's more so because the same shit keeps happening. So.... let's take a look at this weeks line up.
Scenario #1- Last week I was supposed to meet up with someone whom I met at work. It was supposed to be a casual thing. I needed dinner. He needed dinner. So why not have dinner together. I knew it would be a little later than I wanted to eat, but I also knew this person was interested in me. So, I thought, I would give dinner a chance. A few hours after we discussed meeting up, I received a text from him saying that he was packing to move and would not be able to do dinner. Ok, I can understand that. We texted a little throughout the week and one day he told me he was going out for drinks to a local bar and wanted to me to join him. It ended up being that he and some people from work were going out, but that was even better. So we talked throughout the day about where and what time. I'm thinking 8ish. At 8:30 I hadn't heard anything so I called. "Hey, what's the plan for tonight?" He said he was watching a movie from 1994 and wanted to see the whole thing. So could we meet at 10? I actually said "You are choosing to watch a movie over spending time with me? Too bad Blockbuster doesn't have this movie... oh wait, it does!" I was looking forward to this less and less. At 9:30 I started getting ready. At 10:00 - nothing, no call, no text. At 10:15, I looked at my half made-up face and said - FUCK THIS! I texted him, "count me out for tonight." His response was, "Aww did it get too late? Go on to bed old lady. Let's plan something earlier for tomorrow. It will be a date." Ok, that sounded like a plan. So,the next day, I texted, 'what are your thoughts on today?" I didn't get a response. Later in the afternoon, I received this: "I know this is lame, but I told my friends I would help them plant a garden and then stay over tonight. I will have to cancel." I responded, "I get the feeling you don't really want to hang out with me and that's fine. Have fun." I will not make plans with him again!
Scenario #2 - For over a year now I have been in contact with Steve. We hit it off from the start! Laughing, talking, covering all the bases. Last summer, we decided to meet up. Before he came, he started sounding desperate and needy. Plus by that time, I had met two other guys whom I found so f-ing hot that this guy looked like a teddy bear, friend potential. When he tried to befriend me on facebook and yahoo, it felt like too much, so I called off the visit. We chatted a few times after that. Once I felt bad for how I was toward him and sent a hello. I was talking to someone at the time and he was pretty upset about that. A few weeks ago he found me again. Sent me a message and requested friendship on facebook. I gave in. We talked a few times and texted greetings here and there. After reconnecting, we decided we should meet - it has been a year after all! He did not want me driving a long distance and said he would come closer to where I live. We would meet in Ann Arbor. A few days before we were to connect, he stopped texting, didn't answer my phone calls, and was very short when we chatted online. The day before, I texted him to confirm. He said he'd let me know when he was on his way because he'd be leaving a doctor's office. The morning of, I received a text that said, "I didn't sleep well last night and I don't think I should sleep and drive at the same time, I have to cancel" That is what I call BULLSHIT and so I deleted him from my life, and have not heard a thing from him. What the hell is that all about?! I don't get it.
Flash forward to four days later to scenario #3. I was supposed to get a visit from Michael. It's been a few months since last we saw each other. I warned him, "Let me know if things change because I've been cancelled on way too much this week." He assured me that he was coming. The afternoon of, he texted me that it was a 50/50 chance and he would call when he could. I have not heard from him since.
What a crappy week that was! What is the deal? At least I get to see that the best foot forward is not worthy of my time....do the hokey pokey and turn yourself about dude! They have all been deleted from my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment