KISS ME KISS ME kiss me kiss me... The demand and plea wrapped together raced and stacked in my mind sounding like the skipping sound of a record player. I know he was talking and saying something, important or not, I have no clue. Kiss me kiss ME! My brain wanted to will him closer to me, just a little closer and I would show him what I wanted, no needed, for him to do. Talking, talking, chatter, blather, what a waist of energy for those lips to be going on and on and on. Lips that are supple and masculine, juicy and inviting, alluring and perfect for kissing are destined to be kissing me. SHUT UP AND KISS ME YOU FOOL! It was at this moment in my mental pondering and pleading that he pulled me out of my meaningless banter with the most passionate, hot, sexy smooch on my lips. Ahhhh, that's just what I was thinking!
This was a writing exercise I did after being challenged by Kir's Wrinkled Page Blog! Most of it happened just yesterday. All of it is true except for the best part... he never kissed me. Here's the story: The commercials came rushing in on every channel like the tide. The gorgeous couples, smiling, smiling, laughing, giggling, gently touching and exclaiming to the camera "I had nearly given up on love. Eharmony allowed me to find something deeper... to find my soul mate. I've never been happier in my life." I want that! I want to be happy and be touching someone on camera! So I signed up - again. It's been over a year that I've been off that particular site. I reviewed all of my profile settings and the thousands of questions they ask in order to match your compatibility to that of my future husband. I looked five minutes later. No messages. I looked that evening. Nothing. OK, it takes time to find someone special enough for Jennifer Jackson, I realize that! I checked the next day. Nothing! Hmph! So I waited until the end of the week, then the next week, then the next week. Hold on a minute! You can't find one person for me? Why the hell am I paying you people! I can get this on my own for free! I wrote the people at Eharmony demanding a refund. They sent me something about people who found love after nearly giving up! So I waited another week, and another. This is ridiculous! Meanwhile, the email messages poured in from Match.com. You know, the one who has the most successful couples and marriages of any online dating site. I started added up the money I have spent on finding someone to spend time with. $39.00 Eharmony, 2009, $60 2009 Black People Meet.com, $0 Plenty of Fish, $45 Eharmony, 2010, hell, what's another thirty bucks?! I went onto Match and subscribed for the one month $35 package... $24 with a coupon! That day I searched and found a smiling, dimpled, beautiful man. I sent him a message and received one back. We went on like this for about an hour before exchanging numbers. We talked and laughed and shared information like the people on the commercials do. The next morning, he asked me to lunch. This is where the above paragraph comes in. He was more handsome in person than he was in his pictures. When he walked in the restaurant, I wanted to club him over the head and drag him home to be with me forever. I settled on hugging him instead. Bright brown eyes, freshly shaved head, trimmed goatee, smelled good. I'll take him! As we made small talk, I watched his mouth move. Phrasing big words and turning up in the broadest smile I've ever seen. I know he repeated things two or three times and I am still clueless as to the subject matter. All I know is I wanted to reach across the table and kiss him square on the lips. I resisted - this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment