Friday, July 2, 2010
The first kiss
Numb... I am sitting here hardly typing because my body from my lips to my hips is numb. We had a wonderful dinner followed by stimulating conversation. He is really funny. Not just the courteous laughter type of funny, but my tummy hurts from laughing at him funny. And, get this, he thinks I'm funny too. He said my eyes went right through him, down to his spleen. I know that doesn't sound romantic, but believe me, when the dimpled, smiling, smelling good, beautiful man says it, it's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. He liked my cooking! He complimented me deeply. Commented on my personality and my spirit. When I rubbed his hand, he interpreted my actions. "What you're doing is extending your energy to see if it matches up with mine. And it does, I can feel it." And I could too. I felt it in my gut - butterflies doing the neutron dance! The hours passed like seconds as we were serenaded by the best: Luther, Al Green, John Legend, Leela James. We chatted about this and that. We disclosed information about ourselves to each other. And then we were there, at that moment. We were at the moment when you decide what to do. Do we sit and stare at each other? Do we shake hands and move toward the door? Do we give into our gazes and go for a kiss? I assured him that my lips were luscious and invited him to see for himself... and he did. What is it about kissing that draws your eyelids closed. I wish I had been watching the beautiful man from the moment he leaned in until he pulled back. But I didn't. Eyes closed, we kissed. And it was good! Soft, masculine, light on the tongue, even, marvelous. It was time for him to leave. We stood and embraced (I am still drunk off his scent rising from my body), we kissed again, just a peck on the lips then exploding with passion. He waddled his way to the door and I stood stunned and wondered, What the hell was that?! That was the best first kiss I have ever experienced. He likes me and wants to spend time with me! We are compatible on many levels. Have we found a match? For now, I simply revel in the scent, the light headedness, the replay of that first kiss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Woohoo! Now that's a kiss!
ReplyDelete