Monday, November 23, 2009

The A B C's of online dating part 1

I have realized over the past 8 months that there is a definite step by step process in this online thing. First, someone views your profile. They send you a message. It's usually something like these that I've taken from my inbox: hey sexy how are you; by the way, you're beautiful tell me more about you; I was looking at your profile and you seem pretty cool. I was wondering if you would be interested in chatting. Some are much more offensive and ask for a hook up or other sexual favor. The age ranges are between 21 and 67 - yes, 67!!!! One man greeted me with something like this: Never before hath mine eyes beheld such a beautiful queen as you. If you would grant me the chance to make your acquaintance I would be overjoyed bla bla bla. This dude was 57 and called himself The Wizard of Love. My response to him was this: DOES THIS SHIT ACTUALLY WORK?! He did not appreciate that at all and called me some kind of flat footed floosy or something! LMAO
The messages go back and forth a few times and progress to Yahoo IM or Hotmail. It's just easier to chat than to wait on an email to be picked up! After chatting a bit, you might exchange phone numbers. Now here is where my record keeping kicks in. Every man that I met online received the last name of Online. For example, I have in my phone right now about 20 names that share the last name of Online. David Online, Jeff Online, Brock online, Rob Online... That way, I know where I met them. I might even include their profile name or state. After we have talked a few times and there is some interest exchanged, I give them their proper last name. For example, Rob Online is now Rob Smith.
Phone calls usually solidify some sort of relationship start or bring a quick halt to the situation. Some people click online but don't communicate well in person. A first date usually follows the phone conversations and the relationship progresses as it will. There are a few who have become friends and many who have been deleted from my phone and my memory. Rob who? OH! Rob from Florida - hey, how you doin?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really impressed by two things -- 1. That you are so incredibly organized! Genius. I don't think I'd be able to keep track! And, 2. How many men have mastered the art of CTRL-C/CTRL-P when contacting women online.

    ReplyDelete