Monday, November 23, 2009
The 22 year old
I just got the "I'm so hung-over and used my company credit card to expense a night out with the boys" call from the 'mature' 22 year old I went out with a couple nights ago. Strike 2. What is strike 1 you ask? Well, the charm was in full force the first date. Wine and cheese, Holiday movie, walk around Plymouth. He was the first guy in a long time to plan out a date for me! It was really sweet. Good conversation, some things in common, some differences. There is something about balance in the first few weeks. Call me, but not too often, not too seldom, not too early, not too late. These are a few things I use to learn the etiquate of someone I am talking to. Calling me at 12:30am the second day, not an option. Texting me at 7am, not an option - even for people who know me! Also, I swear dating is like being friggin Nancy Drew. Everything is a mystery to be solved. Maybe that's because I'm a bit tenative due to recent past experiences. So, I listen to the stories and wait for the holes to appear. Things like this: "Let's hang out tomorrow," then I don't hear from him till the next evening. "I have work to do all day," then he tells me that he was out all day with the boys. "I spent $100 on that wine," when in reality it was closer to $10. When these contradictions arise, the interest diminshes with a quickness. That's where we are today, interest fading, reality setting in. I find myself saying, ahhh, this is what 22 year olds (some 28, 30, 34, 38, 43...) do so I can't really be mad at him now can I?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment