Sunday, January 24, 2010

A fine Romance part 1 -names changed to protect the guilty

WARNING! THIS SERIES IS WRITTEN TRUE-LIFE STYLE AND IS ONLY FOR GROWN FOLKS. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THE CHRONICLES, REFRAIN FROM READING ANY FURTHER. IF NOT read on....

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS? This man keeps texting me, IM ing me, messaging me on Black Planet. For some reason I just don’t feel like talking. I’m sure he wil lgo away if I am short with him. I can’t keep a signal in the house, I don’t feel like talking today. He IMed me again – Hi, how are you… today, I answered. Today is the beginning of something new and different in my life. I gave him my number and he immediately called me. Today I met ‘Steve’ – we have talked for a couple hours today. You have promised me three things: That you will be honest with me, that you are a man of God, that if we fall in love we will be married within the year. You said you are the man I have only heard about. You cancelled a date for tonight after talking to me for the first time. Your reaction to my pictures was priceless. The first time you asked me to allow you to court me – from Seattle Washington mind you, I hesitated and said, ok. In my mind I knew that I would keep the dates I have set up for Wednesday and possibly Friday. The second time you emphasized that you are mentally connected to me. That you followed God’s leading when He told you to be persistent and contact me again. And you asked me what you need to do in order to give us a foundation that I would believe in. I told you I would be willing to end all other relationships I am in if we had something in the works for us to see each other in person. You said, Jennifer, I promise to come visit you within the next 90 days. After that, I agreed to cancel my plans with the men in my life. I am thinking, ‘Steve’ has said things to me and spoken with authority and love. He has voiced his wishes to court me, to work on becoming committed to me in ways that no one else has. The other men are either not available, or don’t want a commitment, or don’t want a commitment with me. I should not have to wonder, at age 34, if someone likes me or not. There should not be a question if we are friends or buddies, or dating. ‘Steve’, people have been asking me for months WHY ARE YOU SINGLE? My answer has always been BECAUSE NO ONE HAS ASKED ME NOT TO BE. Well, you just did. I am scared. I’m nervous, I am cynical, I wonder if this is too soon to know and too good to be true. Nothing else has worked in the past. You said, as a man, I should be seeking you out. You should not have to look for men, they should come to you. I

felt myself exhale at that statement. I felt like, I could finally breathe and relax and trust and love. I have never been in a healthy loving relationship. You are in Washington. You said as a man, you will make this work if we are supposed to work. You said, I GIVE IT A YEAR. We will fall in love and you will be my wife.

Throughout our conversation, you have mentioned God a few times. I have mentioned God a few times. I don’t usually do this early on without knowing where the guy is coming from., but now, I am me. One thing about me is that I am spiritual and I love the Lord. I had to decipher if you were saying a key term or a catch phrase in order to impress me or because you were speaking from your heart. My eyebrows just raised when you said, let’s christen our relationship because we can’t move forward without the Lord. I would like to pray with you. In order for anything to work, God has to be affiliated and involved. You said a dynamic prayer blessing our day, our new relationship. Thanking God for us and committing our future into His hands. All I could say was Wow and AMEN. Who is this man?

When I’m done with you, you won’t want any other man, you’ll only want me.

He sounds romantic…

No comments:

Post a Comment