We met on black planet a couple months ago. He commented on my sexiness and made the first contact. I responded. We went back and forth a bit with messages and then he was gone. I was looking forward to talking with him. His smile and eyes captivated me. About two weeks ago, he messaged me that he hadn’t forgotten about me, but had injured himself and was dealing with that. So we IMed a bit and then exchanged numbers. On the phone, I thought he was less than interested to actually be talking to me J . I kept giving him a way out. So, if you need to go, I can let you go… or ok, it’s nice to meet you. We’ll chat again soon. He wouldn’t let go, so we kept talking. The day after we talked, he texted and asked what I was doing for the evening. We decided to meet up for a bit. He asked, where should we meet? Just getting home from work, making any decision was low on my to do list. He insisted that I chose where to meet. Chilis on 8 mile. I was there at the agreed upon time and he was 30 min. late. Interesting since he lived 4 miles down the road from the place! The initial impression was good. Nice smile, cute, but not too cute, good hug, this could be nice. He sat across from me and I informed him of the specials and happy hour drinks available. “oh, I’lljust have water,” he stated “I can’t get anything till I get paid next week.” Ummmm, are you serious? Why the hell did you ask me out if you can’t take me out man?! Since it was the dinner hour, I went ahead and ordered what I knew I’d be paying for and requested the free chips n salsa for him to feast upon! Water and chips n salsa – nice! When my food came, I did offer to share. His nose turned up at my spinach dip and face squinched at the black bean roll ups. Not interested? Ok! Enjoy your free stuff!
We had a good time talking and laughing. After a while, he asked what I thought of him. I thought, dude, you don’t even want to know that answer! I want this date to be over asap! Instead, I launched into a story of how I can’t stand when people ask a question they don’t want to know the answer to. Why do men tell me to be honest and then tuck tail and run when I am? So he asked again, “Honestly, what do you think? Any concerns? Any red flags?” I answered honestly…Well, the only red flag is that you asked me out when you didn’t have money to take me out. Next time, you might want to tell the person that it is an off pay week and you have to do something simple.” He rebutted, well, I knew I couldn’t afford anything, but I wanted to meet you before next week.” I replied, “that’s fine, just next time tell the person so they know ahead of time.” He agreed. I was so impressed that he was open to my answer and asked such good commuication type questions. We sat and chatted for a couple hours and headed to my car. It was a good night. We stood there and hugged leaned up against the car. It felt so good to be wrapped in that embrace. We stood there for about forty minutes! Talking, hugging and eventually, kissing. Ahh that first kiss… YUCK! GET YOUR TONGUE OUT OF MY MOUTH! When will men realize that a lady likes to invite you to put your tongue in her mouth…or anything for that matter! You can’t just go forcing things in there like that! It was a wet, sloppy kiss. One of those where it’s evident that he didn’t swallow or clear the spit out of his mouth. So every sweep of my tongue gathered a river from his. Ummm, ok, let’s go back to hugging. That felt nice, right?! He obviously was not turned off by my kissing style. I swear I felt a lump in his pants during our last embrace. Hmmmm.
I did have a fun time with him and was looking forward to meeting up again in a couple days. A kiss can be improved with time and practice, I’m sure of it!
The next evening, I had plans with Anna and gave him a call.
me“Hey, how you doin? What are you up to?”
him “I’m sitting in the Coney Island parking lot waiting for the tow truck”
me“What happened”
him “my car broke down again”
me “What are you going to do about that?”
him “get it running again and sell it!”
Now, my thoughts were this: “your car broke down? The Lincoln you showed me or the other one from the picture? Sounds like a lot of issues dealing with money already” We made plans to meet up the next day, Friday. Again, he insisted that I make the arrangements. And this still being the off pay week means I am paying for and/or providing the date material. So my suggestion was to get a movie and chill at my house. The next day, I called to confirm. He sounded asleep, but I guess he was laying across the bed chillin…at noon. It was an awkward conversation and I wondered again if he’d rather not be talking to me. I confirmed the date and planned to give address and details later. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I am doing this whole date! Buy the movie, do something for dinner, all that. Not interested any longer, especially since he didn’t seem to give a rat’s ass! I called and made some excuse to back out. Again, he didn’t seem to care all that much! After much thought, a conversation with my hair dresser, and consulting with my top three girl friends, I knew what I needed to do! My final messae was this: I’m sorry I didn’t get to you sooner today. I have decided to persue a past relationship and wasn’t sure how to tell you. It was nice meeting you and I wish you the best.” His response – “Cool, good luc with that”
The end!
I made audible displeasure noises and shook my head violently while reading the kiss details. Oh, oh , oh oh. I wanted to look away and yet just had to keep reading!
ReplyDelete