Monday, January 11, 2010

Say yes to the dress?

OMG HE IS A DOCTOR! Tyler was one of the first people I met online. He was charming, funny, witty, and had a voice that was a little raspy but cute. Tyler and I chatted for a couple months, mostly through texts. I chalked that up to him being a doctor and not just any doctor... A cardio-thoracic-pediatric doctor! Yeah, I know - impressive! Just like so many of the other guys from the online dating site, Tyler would come and go. I'd hear nothing for days or weeks and then get a text and we'd pick up where we left off. We seemed to be connecting pretty well, very well actually! I was blown away when I received a verbal invitation to join him in New York for a formal dinner that would benefit the March of Dimes. I was thrilled! Visions of princess dresses, cocktails, and fake laughter filled my mind! A few weeks before the event, I contacted him to confirm. He said we were still on and that I could purchase my dress! WEeeeeee, I was beside myself with glee! The weeks went by and I heard nothing from my doctor date. A few days beforehand, I texted to ask if we were still on... no reply. I called... no answer. Texted again... nothing. What?! Can this be that it was all a farce? Un-friggen-believable! Good thing I never bought that dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment