Monday, January 11, 2010

recovering anorexic

He had planned a date that included wine, cheese, holiday movie, and a walk in the park. All was going well. I could have done without the editorializing about his every move; "I"m trying to be classy with the wine and cheese." After the movie, we walked around a local town viewing the Christmas decorations. It was around 6:30 by this time. He asked me how things were going, if I was enjoying myself. I answered, "Yes, I am having a good time, I'm getting hungry, but I am enjoying myself." He groaned and mumbled, "Oh, you are? Well, I hadn't planned on anything for dinner...I only eat once a day. You see, I was a wrestler in high school, I had to struggle to make weight. I ended up starving myself and becoming anorexic. I messed my stomach up and since then I can only eat once a day." I listened to the story over grumbling tummy and said I'd get something once I got home. Dissatisfied with the turn of events, I took mental inventory of my refrigerator's contents. I think I had eggs and bread soooo fried egg sandwich was on the menu. My thing is this: I understand about the wrestling and losing weight. I understand about messing up one's system and only being able to eat once a day. But, if that is your situation, you gotta realize that the rest of the world is not on that same once a day eating schedule. In the future, those of you with eating disorders, give a heads up to the person you asked out. Either have them join you for your single meal, or just tell them to eat before you pick them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment