Thursday, January 28, 2010

A fine Romance part 4 -names changed to protect the guilty

WARNING! THIS SERIES IS WRITTEN TRUE-LIFE STYLE AND IS ONLY FOR GROWN FOLKS. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THE CHRONICLES, REFRAIN FROM READING ANY FURTHER. IF NOT read on....

January 6, 2010
Last night I dreamed about our wedding! I was at home talking about you and our whirlwind romance. Mom and dad decided not to wait! Let’s have a wedding… today! I was trying and trying to reach you to tell you that you needed to come to Michigan but the phone would break, or I couldn’t see the number or it wouldn’t go through. I was sad, disappointed and frustrated. I kept trying to reach you as the people gathered. My dress was beautiful! I don’t usually like wedding dresses on me, but this one was gorgeous. Normally, these types of dreams end in disappointment or chaos or uncertainty. Like the dream I had where I had never met the groom. My father had a business card from him, but we had never met! Then he decided not to marry me at the last minute and I remember crying when I had to return the floral arrangements. But this dream, I don’t know how you got here so fast. I think you had been coming to surprise me, but you were there. You were tattered from your travels and I was beaming with gladness at the sight of you. I ran out to greet you, took your hand, and told you we were about to start our wedding. Everyone was so happy to meet you. It felt right. For once, it felt right.

Three days before we talked for the first time I had a dream. I saw my daughter. She was beautiful. I noted her big brown eyes and her pig tails. She was about 2, I think. There was a man seated facing her and she was standing, leaning on the crux of his arm looking at me. Usually when I dream about a child, it belongs to someone else. Even if I think it’s mine in the dream, by the end of it, I return it to it’s mother…or it ends up being my dog! But this time, she was all mine and I swelled with contentment that I had all I ever wanted. Last night, I told you about this dream. You laughed nervously and asked if I wanted you to tell me about your dream. Of course I did! You said that last night, you had a dream about a little girl. She was sitting on my lap and jumped down on a mission to run somewhere. When I called her, I called her Oliviah. That was a name I loved for a very long time. I have never told anyone about that name. The name that replaced it was Sophiah. You called her Oliviah Sophiah Thornton. And she is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment