Monday, February 1, 2010

Caution: May cause drowsiness

There must be something in the air in the Detroit Metro area. An epidemic of sorts. Something that I experience on a daily basis and that my girlfriends are also wrestling with. That is men falling asleep in the middle a conversation. Yes, I am serious! THis is happening all over the country! Here is a sample scenario: I am texting back and forth with Chuck. He says "Hey, I'd love to c u. When can we get together?" I reply "well, i am open on Wednesday. What did you have in mind?" and then, no text response... nothing... I may text back "so, what were you thinking?" an hour passes before my next text, "so are you coming through?" nothing. Then the next day I get a text saying "i had to charge my phone and my friend's aunt passed away" or "My truck was giving me problems" or " my property was broken into" or "I had to go take my son to the potty because I only trust myself to potty train him." These were all from the same guy, mind you! Ok, so that is one story. Another goes a little like this: Talking on the phone with E, we were in the first couple days of meeting. We are getting to know each other, chatting, sharing, all that good stuff. He mentions that his phone drops calls often just in case he loses me. Just then, the call drops. After a few minutes, I call back - ring... ring... ring... voice mail. I leave a message. A few minutes later ring... ring... ring... voice mail. I hang up. About an hour later, I texted that I was going to bed and would catch him later. No response. About midnight, I receive a text that says.... (I"m laughing even while I write this).. the text says, "Sorry, I fell asleep." You fell asleep after the call dropped? For two hours? You've got to be shitting me! Narcolepsy at its worst! How horrible that must be to be in the middle of a conversation and then just doze off! Situation number three. One person had these episodes more often than not. One day we were supposed to get together. It was a 'no call no show' situation. I called, there was no answer. I called again, no answer still. I texted, no response. Texted again, no response. I gave up. The next day I received a phone call. He said, "Hi baby, I"m sorry, I fell asleep." You fell asleep after texting me to say you were on your way and then woke up the next morning?! What the hell is going on? They just drop off the face of the earth. Out of nowhere, poof! gone! It would be like being in the middle of a conversation and the person just walking away. Or like me writing right now and then - GONE!..................Sorry..... i fell....asl....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment