Thursday, February 25, 2010
here I sit... With a Big Cheesy Grin pt. 3
The phone rang his ring. I was reluctant to answer because I'm up to my neck in bull-shit excuses. Hello... A short conversation followed about what came up and how he wanted to see me tonight. It looks like instead of tonight or tomorrow, I have to wait till I return from my weekend trip to see him again. There was total poutiness in his voice. It's not MY fault we didn't have dinner as planned. I am sitting here looking fantastic - hair done and make-up flawless. Maybe he was upset because he was disappointed that we didn't get together. Maybe he was tired, maybe he was thinking about the situation that detained him. Perhaps Monday will be a different story. Perhaps it will not. Chances are, I will be sitting here, looking fantastic, hair done and make-up flawless, making back-up plan upon back-up plan for my evening. As it stands tonight, I had a beer, some snacks, and graded papers! Gotta keep going on with life, my friends. No time for pouting and questions of what if and why. I don't have a big cheesy grin anymore, but my make-up is still flawless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment